Things that don’t work to
evict a baby induce labor (yes, I’ve tried all of these in recent days):
- Jumping with your kids at the Jump Zone (one of those bounce house party places)
- Scalini’s eggplant parmesan (well, it worked for Bean, but not baby #3. And a 50/50 chance doesn’t do it for me.)
- Olive Garden’s eggplant parmesan
- Homemade chicken parmesan (chicken monterey-jack really, because I was out of parmesan) – they say the combination of basil and oregano helps… I beg to differ. After 3 nights in a row, it didn’t do squat.
- Spicy foods
- Walking. A lot.
- Jumping on a trampoline.
- Bouncing and rocking on a yoga ball.
- Pineapple – but if you eat a whole one all at once, it’ll make your tongue burn.
- Pressure points in your hands, legs, and feet
- Oxytocin and prostaglandins – as boosted by ‘certain activities’ (this is a G-rated blog…)
- Rolling my hips in circles – but it did provide plenty of entertainment for anyone who caught a glance of it.
- Spending time on my hands and knees on the floor, arching and rolling my back – ditto for the entertainment factor.
- Pushing down on my belly (entirely unscientific, but something keeps telling me that gravity needs a little help)
Anyone? Ideas? I’m not willing to do castor oil, and my midwife advised me not to try black or blue cohosh.
Actually, today was my personal deadline for delivery before my due (the baby’s actually due next Sunday). I have too much going on this week to be in the hospital in labor. Wednesday we see Liam’s neurosurgeon and Friday is Bean’s 4th birthday. So for now, I’m done with trying to induce myself. At this point I’m hoping the baby waits until next weekend. Of course, if he doesn’t come on Saturday I’ll be doing jumping jacks on the trampoline while eating spicy foods and pushing down on my belly with one hand while I use the other to push on pressure points and simultaneously rolling my hips in circles. It’ll be quite a sight to see.