… but can’t convince other parties involved:
- Cloth diapering – what’s on the market today is not my mother’s cloth diapers. It’s a lot easier than it used to be, and think of the money we’d save!
- Homeschooling – I think it would be really fun. If I weren’t working so much. Then again, I’m also a firm believer in putting kids in the public school system, but that’s something to write about another day.
- Composting – wouldn’t it be cool to compost your garbage instead of sending it to the landfill? And then use it to fertilize the vegetable garden… (if only I had a vegetable garden)
- Growing a vegetable garden – my in-laws are actually helping with this. Only, since they do the work, they pick what to plant. And onions and beets aren’t really something I get overly excited about. I was thinking it’d be fun to have cucumbers, tomatoes, snap peas, blueberries… yum. Maybe when it warms up outside we can change the planting strategy. How cool to grow and cook our own food though!
- Go vegetarian – I was especially convinced by this article, but I don’t think the other members of my family (any of them, that is) would appreciate the idea.