at the Mudlark house…
- Road trip to Chattanooga in the new minivan, complete with unpleasant conversation with the dealership about little things in my brand new van that don’t work.
- Brunch at the Bluewater Grille in downtown Chattanooga – best brunch ever. And with a live jazz band to boot. Great fun. Kids had banana foster french toast. Hubbs and I split lobster bites as an appetizer, then he had poached eggs over crab cakes and I had lobster bisque with a crab BLT. Mmmmm….
- Day at the children’s museum in Chattanooga. Oh. my. word. That place is huge.
- Welcomed home by fabulous new hardwood floors that were installed while we were away.
- Spent many hours cleaning the new hardwoods, walls, window frames – of the knee-deep dust covering everything. Now we just need to put furniture back.
- Volunteered to be guinea pigs to enforce the new rules at the church nursery. (Only a handful of parents got ugly with us.)
- Rested on the Sabbath, after the chaos of new ways of doing things at church.
- Cut Little Man’s hair (only the 3rd time) – and man, is he cute!
- Hubbs is working from home today – at least he’ll be around, but it’s too bad he can’t take the day off to spend with us.
- And I’m rounding off the long weekend with an ear infection. Am hoping the doctor’s office is open today. But I don’t know how I’ll manage to see the doctor and take the minivan in to have all those little things fixed.